Hearts of Oak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hearts of Oak

Hearts football chat...

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Biased Match Reports

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Boss

Boss

Biased Match Reports Empty
PostSubject: Biased Match Reports   Biased Match Reports EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 3:45 pm

Lets think back... i remember playing Kirkley and to my teams disbeliefs i thought we should have deserved a draw not a win.... i didnt think we did enoughon the day!!!!

Now reading Nortons some what shocking recap of the game lets get the facts right..... Give credit where it is due, we have not played our best for some time but over the last few weeks i believe things are getting there....

Yes we were missing players and the conditions were poor, but the players there were confident that they could do the job in had....

I fielded 10 players for the first 17 mins + of the game, our 11th player was held up at work.... Rich, fisher, joel, snod, hitchy and shep all unavailable.... we had to make do... after a shaky start we had the first real chance when jonny found himself in space in the box but could only hit the crossbar, the resulting break saw there extra man take advantage beating our reserve keeper with a fine strike. with our 10 men we managed a break of our own with kirk firing home the equalizer... with the teams evenly matched 10 v 11 norton found themselves 2 - 1 up with a low strike into the corner ... eventually Kingy arrived and hearts started to dominate proceedings with taylor bursting through and grabbing the equallizer... kirk got his second with a fine solo run and a finish to match..... the 4th soon followed with an exellent team move resulting in a J williams to M williams brother goal.... more chances fell to hearts but no more goals were to come... norton did hit the bar from a corner but as far as a penelty shout.... not a chance... too many have been given away this year with poor calls ... glad this ref could see clearly !!

half time came at the right time for norton in my eyes, being well beaten!!

the second half continued like the first both teams saw alot of the ball but it was hearts who looked more likely to score..... norton had a few more late tackles resulting with a free kick in a good area, micki struck a world class free kick which was matched by a great save... the resulting corner saw 2 hearts players come within inches of the 5th goal.... nortons only chance in the second half was the resulting quick break witch beat the off side and after a great save from hammo saw andy green miss what we can only say was a sitter .... Im hoping that this one missed chance doesn't confirm domination of the half.... !! soon after the referee call the game as he thought someone might get hurt!!!

For Norton this may prove a life line! however when the clubs meet again we all know what to expect.... personally i cant wait...!

Nortons Report !!!!

Norton travelled to Normanston Park in horrendous conditions for this battle of the leagues most successful teams over recent seasons however strangly both sides were missing key players.

Norton started well and took the lead through an absoloute from Ryan Hills who picked the ball up on the touchline before leaving 3 players in his wake and firing the ball into the top corner.

Hearts who now had 11 men drew level following a mistake at the back and an exciting game ensued with both teams looking good going forward but suspect at the back.

Hills scored again to make it 2-1 Norton with a low shot into the corner but Hearts levelled on the break with a well executed finish.

Hearts then gained the lead following another raid and soon made it 4-2 as they finished well at the near post.

Norton then finished the half strongly by having a penalty appeal turned away and struck the bar through a Hudson header.

The second half started with Hearts' Micki Williams forcing Norton Keeper into a top draw save from a free kick before Norton started to dominate possession which resulted in Green missing a sitter.

Ten minutes into the half the referee abandoned the game as the pitch was becoming very slippery and this followed suit by two other games at the Park.

Hearts were obviously very frustrated but the two will now live to battle another day when hopefully both sides will be at near full strength.
Back to top Go down

Biased Match Reports
Page 1 of 1