Hearts of Oak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hearts of Oak

Hearts football chat...

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

SQUAD

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Boss

Boss

SQUAD Empty
PostSubject: SQUAD   SQUAD EmptySun Jan 06, 2008 1:09 pm

how do i keep all the players happy !!!!???????
Back to top Go down
the general

the general

SQUAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQUAD   SQUAD EmptySun Jan 06, 2008 1:17 pm

by being honest and doing best, but all squad are really good and think they should play!noone hates being sub more than me but even i have volunterred to miss a week to give people games..... its about winning, a happy ship will win us trophies though
Back to top Go down
boyd3

boyd3

SQUAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQUAD   SQUAD EmptySun Jan 06, 2008 3:24 pm

with THIS squad of players you simply cant keep everyone happy, for the simple reason all our players feel that they are good enough to play in this team, when a team has a couple of players with less ability, them players will except being on the bench week in week out. its even harder for the boss when he has a squad of 16 who all want to start every game. all good players find it hard when dropped to the bench for what ever reason, and all will react differently. being 38, i am as hungry to play as i was when i was 20, age doesn't make it any easier being left out on saturday afternoon when you've been looking forward to your game all week. it now looks like we've 16 (maybe 17 including don) available every week so the chance of not even getting a run out from the bench for 2 or 3 people is going to be hard to take, me included,when you love the game as much i do you simply dont want it to come to an end, its got to sum day i know but i'm not ready to hang up my boots yet. being on the bench you realise how much you miss not playing. Sad
Back to top Go down
Boss

Boss

SQUAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQUAD   SQUAD EmptySun Jan 06, 2008 4:32 pm

ok, as i have 2 replies do you think rotation is an option for all games ? do you think i should change as and when i think best ... remember this is about us not me.... i want to win more than anything, i took hold of hearts when we were poor, played under par, had nothing !!! i wanted to play each week even when i knew i wasn't good enough, i just liked the feeling..... i chose to let others play and concentrate on winning.... we are there now and we just need to stay consistant ... i love the players and not one of you would do my job, you say you could pick a team... anyone can pick a team but its the letting down you fail to do, telling some one they are not in your thoughts this week.. it hurts me to tell players they cant play, if we get to a final imagine the dissapointment then for some... however we need a squad to be successful, its just keeping a happy one ....

I HATE MY JOB !!!!!!!!

so its late sunday and i have 16 players to fit in 14 shirts lol

NO sleep for me then ...

IDEA ........... shall we let someone else pick the team this week... and no micki not you ....

Last edited by on Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
boyd3

boyd3

SQUAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQUAD   SQUAD EmptyMon Jan 07, 2008 12:02 pm

i'm afraid i dont believe you when you say you hate this job, i know for sure you LOVE this job and i know your only kidding, but this team isn't in this league just to make the numbers up, its in it to win it, so i understand the need to put out a consistent 11 to go out and win every game, but as i've said before no one likes being left out. its a really tough job and i do believe you when you say that you hate leaving people out but thats football i suppose, maybe this squad is just to big i dont know, but we will just have to stick together and get on with it as you have said if anybody doesn't like it they can lump it (not that you want anyone to leave), and find another club. i dont see that happening, if i was manager i would play my so called top dogs every week, and the rest i would try to keep involved as much as possible which is pretty much what you try to do, so dont lay there at night tossing and turning rest easy and get yourself a good nights sleep. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Boss

Boss

SQUAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQUAD   SQUAD EmptyMon Jan 07, 2008 12:16 pm

Thank you for the kind thoughts ... lol!
Back to top Go down
mickiwil

SQUAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQUAD   SQUAD EmptyMon Jan 07, 2008 1:22 pm

eeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...why cant i pick the team?haha , to be fair it cant be easy but ill give you a hand.......................richard starts every week he is there ha
Back to top Go down
BELL

BELL

SQUAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQUAD   SQUAD EmptyMon Jan 07, 2008 3:28 pm

You can't pick the team coz your dumb!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.milfhunter.com
king wil

SQUAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQUAD   SQUAD EmptyFri Jan 18, 2008 10:33 am

i have you no son that as people assume im naturally dense, i am now brain training myself on the nintendo ds!!! i hope to achieve the a second brain cell

i have had a lot of mail from the fans asking when the debut of big don shearer is?

hearing what the sunday side has to say he is quite a handfull.................... apparently he can play football too!!!
Back to top Go down
BELL

BELL

SQUAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQUAD   SQUAD EmptyFri Jan 18, 2008 12:09 pm

Bet you wish you had as many brain cells as foot long don has got inches son
Back to top Go down
williams

SQUAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQUAD   SQUAD EmptyFri Jan 18, 2008 3:46 pm

i dont want to be that intelligent , ha .....
Back to top Go down
the general

the general

SQUAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQUAD   SQUAD EmptyThu Jan 24, 2008 9:24 am

MY BRAIN AGE IS NOW 36!!!!!!!!!!! I ACTUALLY THINK I COULD BE QUITE BRAINY IF I KEEP TRAINING HARD
Back to top Go down
hitchy

SQUAD Empty
PostSubject: did rotation fail   SQUAD EmptySun Jan 27, 2008 3:00 am

did rotation actually fail, yes it has it bad points also some very good points.
all the players at the start of the season agreed to the idea, this was a method to keep the team togeather. which it has up to now i do agree that a core of the team should always start.

we have only lost 2 games so i would not class this as that bad and did we lose these games through rotation ?? i can re-call some key players missing at these games

do anyone else have any thoughts on this
Back to top Go down
the general

the general

SQUAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQUAD   SQUAD EmptySun Jan 27, 2008 11:17 am

the players we have are very good , people do worry (me included) about playing each week and the competition for places seems to make players nervous and on edge in case they make a mistake and get rotated the next game.I think as we have lost 2 games already and not reached the peak of football we normally play at, bobby had to make a big decision and change to what he thinks will work best which is a more settled side, to be fair the 2 games he has tried out his system we have been brilliant and scored 23 without conceding , i understand its against the lower sides but you still have to pass, work and play for 90 mins to get a result.

As for rotation im not a lover of it but with players like we have not playing each week , they deserve as much as the others to play.as for the defeats in both games we didnt really play very well and missed vital players , any team what misses fisher for instance in big games is going to suffer a bit! Playing a more settled side will make it easier to relax and no what positions people play in and get a greater balance and over the 5 seasons of winning trophies we always played same team bar injuries and suspensions.

i hope our strong squad stays together and pull together so we can try bring some more silverware to the locker
Back to top Go down
hitchy

SQUAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQUAD   SQUAD EmptySun Jan 27, 2008 2:28 pm

mick i do agree with some of the things you have written, but if it was on the other foot and you happened to be left out you would not be telling the same story.

as the boss put its about us (team) and not me (boss) i just feel that i have to speek up for the players left out me being one of them its hard to accept as i feel that we all have not done that badly no worst than anyone else.

the more i think about it rotation was not that bad all teams have there off days even manu. and i must say i was happier.and it has kept the team together

i just wish peaple could be honest its not a individual thing its a team thing it would be nice to be talked to and not receive the disapointment via a text. (i have asked this before)

im not on here to offend anyone just try to put a point across i do talk to different players each week and im honest with them.
Back to top Go down
the general

the general

SQUAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQUAD   SQUAD EmptySun Jan 27, 2008 2:37 pm

master i have put i would not like to be left out and can understand your frustrations
Back to top Go down
Boss

Boss

SQUAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQUAD   SQUAD EmptySun Jan 27, 2008 3:21 pm

Rotation has failed, we need to be settled, i have key players in fixed possitions, if the players play under par and let me or the team down then the replacement players have thier chance to impress... So as previously stated, i am here to win games, i believe what i am doing is the best way forward.... everyone has a choice, except it or not ..... its no longer a debate in my eyes.... sorry if this offends!!!

Please note .... All players get the same text before match day so there are no descrepancies ... no mixed reports. no missunderstandings! i will not call 16 players each week ...... thats all........... Boss
Back to top Go down
hitchy

SQUAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQUAD   SQUAD EmptySun Jan 27, 2008 3:38 pm

no bobby rotation did not fail just miss managed

sorry if this offends you but the truth can hurt. any more comments feel free to give me a call

and its not just about you its about a team your just part of it like everyone else
Back to top Go down
hitchy

SQUAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQUAD   SQUAD EmptySun Jan 27, 2008 4:23 pm

its not a personel battle bobby just putting it from my point of view you could not answer the questions i asked you (plans). like i said if you would like to talk give me a call im sure we would be able to sort are differences out this will be all from me on this matter as i too do-not want to turn this into a personel battle

as a player this is all i have to say on the matter ...

thanks hitchy.
Back to top Go down

SQUAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQUAD   SQUAD EmptyMon Jan 28, 2008 11:52 am

Having read all the text with reference to squad i can't believe all the bitching. I believe rotation is a good thing and for this reason. There is a need for a large squad to cope with injuries and abscence and to keep the squad happy everybody needs to play. If your squad is as good as their competition for a position ( you as a team seem to think they are) then rotation is key to keep everybody happy and to keep your squad at full strength. This needs to be managed. I must say though that hearts are a bloody good team and if you could take the effort you put into bitching together with you already being a bloody good team then you would be a great team.
Back to top Go down
BELL

BELL

SQUAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQUAD   SQUAD EmptyMon Jan 28, 2008 12:27 pm

Fair point our bitching amongst each other has always been our only failing, its never always the same person, we all have our moments, but I would like to think that this is down to the very strong characters of the players within our squad
Back to top Go down
hitchy

SQUAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQUAD   SQUAD EmptyMon Jan 28, 2008 1:35 pm

well put bell

i dont like bitching. it might sound like that, but all i am asking is were i stand. im not one who will just sit back and agree thats my character you have all played with me for a long time and you know what im all about.
if i have some thing to say i will say it. i do- not have any problems with anyone person in the hearts team you all deserve respect you are a great bunch of lads. my position in the team is an issue with the manager which i hope we can resolve soon.(when he calls)??
Back to top Go down
Boss

Boss

SQUAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQUAD   SQUAD EmptyMon Jan 28, 2008 1:52 pm

Ok im getting fed up with this now, i have made my points clear i have spoke regarding all my decisions, i chose a side to give a performance worthy of winning a game. i will make changes as or when required. if players chose to not turn up or wish to leave and play a regular game in a different team then so be it. i will not run around after players trying to make excuses. this is for all the 1st team. we have 10 games at the moment left to play, i will NOT go through this every week as it is unnecessary.

i will field the same side i did last week and have a strong bench for possible changes but no promises.

there is a transfer window open for any players who wish to leave and play for any other team.... i will not stop anyone who requests a transfer .... if this leaves me short again then so be it ...

Boss
Back to top Go down

SQUAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQUAD   SQUAD EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 11:20 am

micki

is that big arm due to alot of hard work at the gym. or is that the arm you drink with. ITS BIG

is this better banter
Back to top Go down
williams

SQUAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQUAD   SQUAD EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 11:34 am

no that is a cyst in my right muscle, haha prefered the old banter!!!

what are chances of me going to gym? even the cafe is healthy at bannatynes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SQUAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQUAD   SQUAD Empty

Back to top Go down

SQUAD
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next