Hearts of Oak

Hearts football chat...

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Boss

PostSubject: .   Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:59 pm

Last edited by Boss on Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the general

PostSubject: Re: .   Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:13 am

i think that with us being champions of 1 of the reserves being champions of 2 there would be to much tension in the bar, when the clubs meet it would as always be a great tussle , but i can see it being to competitive! for me its either a reserve team in a different division or consider options!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dazhit

PostSubject: Re: .   Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:13 am

what options are there, why do you think it won't work these teams have run on there own for the last couple of years so i can't see what the problem is. will have different names and there is two bars at the pub. yes i do agree that the games will be hard but that is what you want i look forward to it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BELL

PostSubject: Re: .   Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:37 am

But Daz where can they be in say two or three years, no offence but the likes of yourself, Gaz and Nigel are coming to the end of your careers so where can they find players of equal or better talent to replace players like yourselves when you finally decide to call it a day. I'm sure you would agree that there is no substitute for experience and as ourselves and Norton have shown you still need 3 to 4 seasons to settle yourself in before challenging for anything, so many sides have been promoted showing signs of promise and after a year or two fall by the wayside, after being in the top two of a division in every year since forming how will they react to suddenly being in a relegation battle or settling for mid table, I just can't see there being any long term future as a seperate side after all its players who attract players and hopefully without offending anyone the likes of Micky Butcher and Jimmy Norman (two names off the top of my head) will not attract players as easily as Lee Fisher and Darren Boyd. Also the financial side has to be looked at Bobby buys footballs and kit from his own pocket, as the pub can't completely fund two teams. The whole point of a reserve team was as a feeder team for the first team and this has worked with players like Luke Fallaize, Adam Taylor and Andy Hammersley progressing through to join us in the first team and only the fact that some reserves refused to play for the first team stopped them getting a chance too, but I do look forward to meeting you next season in what will be a couple interesting games and good luck with everything
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.milfhunter.com
dazhit

PostSubject: Re: .   Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:28 am

well said bell i do believe that some new players have already agreed to join there will be a few surprises at the start of next season. yes it will take time for this team to adapt to the step up but the new players are used to this level of football so should due ok its not about names its about the person who can attract the players. as for the reserves being a feeder team for the first team yes in princible this is what should of happened but never really has the thing is it never worked the other way first team players playing badly and being dropped down.and replaced from the reserves with players who are playing well. as for money the reserves are ok we have sponsors so this is not a problem. i look forward to next season should be good fun theres a couple of seasons in me still .

cheers hitchy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boss

PostSubject: Re: .   Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:33 am

I have given up worrying about next year.... what will be will be... lets hope both our teams can produce performances in all games and not just our clashes.... im sure afc hearts will bring in players of quality and i wouldn't be too suprised with a couple of names on the hit list.....!!

Master you have a good few seasons in you at this level and i know you will give your all.....!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the general

PostSubject: Re: .   Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:48 am

afc hearts with some players in key positions will definatley make them a good div 1 team , again though the first team needs to strengh like evey year and they will still be the team to beat to win the trophies! i can understand the players reasons why they want to step up to div1 and hope they do well . if the last clash is anything to go by the 2 hearts clashes will be good viewing good luck .........

master you proved you were 1 of the best in div1 and you definatley will be fine in coming seasons
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BELL

PostSubject: Re: .   Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:12 pm

Sorry Daz I didn't mean to imply that you should retire now maybe I should've worded it better, all I meant was that in 3 to 4 years time a big chunk of your current squad would be coming to the end of their careers, I think I will be by then and i'm 5 or 6 years younger!!! Any clues on potential signings??? Raiding us maybe????
Back to top Go down
dazhit

PostSubject: Re: .   Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:25 am

no offence made bell you are correct in saying players will be missed and age is a part of life, time will tell if the reserves can cope in div 1. As for the new players coming in we hope to have a good goalkeeper as for raiding the first team no comment???? player come and go all the time its just a matter of players making there minds up what is important to them playing or not playing. thats way i joined the reserves. so we will just have to wait and see. it will be a very intresting times for both hearts teams.

thanks hitchy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BELL

PostSubject: Re: .   Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:18 pm

Geoff is available if you need a keeper mate
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: .   

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1