Hearts of Oak

Hearts football chat...

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Waveney Youth

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Boss

PostSubject: Waveney Youth   Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:44 am

I thought the match was tougher than first expected and with a few players missing from our large squad i am pleased with the result.

with a changed side i thought we were a little slow out the gates in the first half, however unthreatening we may have been we were never put under preasure ourselves, our defense once again remained strong and secure!!!

the second half was a better display, a quicker tempo and some quality football.

well done for the patience, we were always in control and it was a matter of time before we scored, and about time the lines man kept his flag down.... way to many iffy calls ......!!

Goal Keeper

fantastic display when called apon..... 3 times all game!!!

Defense

strong, organised, confident.... Bell as star man for me

Wingers

worked hard but not as effective as previous weeks...still done well

Mid Field

i thought you controlled the game and supported forward and defensive plays

Strikers

much like the wingers, worked hard but no real cutting edge like previous weeks...

m.o.m Bell ...... out standing
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Waveney Youth   Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:19 pm

Boss it sounds you were very surprised with the performance of a defencesive waveney side.

just look forward to the next couple of weeks i think it will be a little bit harder kirkley will be more focused with the return of a couple of strong players. and the manger.

think long and hard but good luck.
Back to top Go down
Boss

PostSubject: Re: Waveney Youth   Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:30 am

i never underestimate Kirkley A.... we are well aware of there strengths... but we are at the stage where we have belief in our ability again and stopped panicing about the opposition.... let them worry about us!! if i have a full squad then they can bring in whom ever they want. if we play well and lose then they must have deserved the win, however if we play like i know we can we will take some stopping ...

Thanks for the heads up though guest.... all the best for you too!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the general

PostSubject: Re: Waveney Youth   Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:58 am

i to was suprised with the negative waveney tactics, but what was more suprising was when i spoke to there manager cookie, he said he felt his team cant play there normal way against the top 2 as they would let in 5 or 6!!!!! his team was set up for a point or try nick the win on the break...it is frustrating playing against a whole team in there half but you have to do something and keep pressing for the win when your challenging and in the end we got the 3 points we wanted.with 6 games to go this scrappy 1 - 0 win could prove massive towards winning the league .

As for next couple of games, im sure Kirkley will strenghen with the reserves as they will believe its there chance of silverware and it could prove to be a game similar to last weeks and Spexhall always take some beating , but with the players and confidence in the side at the moment if we continue with same attitude and togetherness we have enough to get us over line although it will be a hard task... me for 1 are looking forward to these games and i no from talking to the side we are very much up for the challenge......
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Waveney Youth   Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:18 pm

a cup game is all kirkley have this season the league is now out of reach
so it should be a very tight game you will need to be at your best i still think hearts will win, may-be not buy 4 goals this time but 2 clear goals so good luck to all the players that take part these are the games you and i would love to play in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Waveney Youth   Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:12 pm

one day the arrogance will shoot you in the foot, yes you lot are good but you always blow your own trumpet. what would happen if you won nothing in a season or come 4th or something?
Back to top Go down
Guest 1

PostSubject: Re: Waveney Youth   Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:31 pm

The team would not what it it is today with out a bit of arrogance it come hand in hand with confidence its what make success sorry its true
Back to top Go down
Boss

PostSubject: Re: Waveney Youth   Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:53 pm

there is a fine line between confidence and arrogance, lets not get confused with the before mentioned...!

as far as finishing forth or winning nothing, that is always in the back of our minds, as a team who is expected to reach finals, finish high in the league and even chase the junior cup we are under more preasure than the so called lesser teams. if we are to lose a shock goes accross the league , its like we are not allowed to slip up ... a time will come when we fail to achieve these hieghts, we will look back at what we once were...... however i dont think its quite yet.....!!

so to all challengers, we are ready and waiting.

Good luck to all....!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sciss11

PostSubject: ?   Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:57 pm

To be fair its hard not to be cocky in this league when you are playing such bad teams and the standard of football is low. Its not a good thing but its reality. When you start to hit Anglian Comb prem,1 + 2 then the exact same players that are cocky in this league wouldnt be like that because every player around them would be just as good and in some cases better. It just depends what players want from football and their situations in relation to what standard they play.
Back to top Go down
BELL

PostSubject: Re: Waveney Youth   Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:59 pm

I'm arrogant when I play, but I will also acknowledge when i'm done by someone better, but arrogant definately, so would you be with a trophy cabinet like mine! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.milfhunter.com
Boss

PostSubject: Re: Waveney Youth   Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:10 pm

i except what you say about the level or standards, however when we play against that so called better opposition, we dont look out of place and we hold our own....

we have beaten teams like, halesworth, weneston, beccles caxton, hadleigh res , bungay, ransom sports drew with beccles town. beat Notley's sellect ....!!

the players that play dont wish to travel, so they play for hearts, the majority have been there for 7 - 12 years....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sciss11

PostSubject: ?   Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:22 pm

Please dont take what I say the wrong way, I always try to give constructive views and tell it how I see it and how I believe it is.

As you just said when you have played teams at a higher level you have held your own, which means you havent eased through theses games hence your players arent as cocky as they are when they play teams in this league(I am not saying your players are cocky however 1 of your guests did and that is the person I was angling my last post to). All I was saying earlier was that against teams in this league its hard not to get cocky/arrogant/over confident etc when the standard of football is so low.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the general

PostSubject: Re: Waveney Youth   Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:25 pm

i dont think the players at comb 1 down are any better than top 4 in this league <except a few players of course> its just fitness... as far as players go between the levels we have players now that could walk into most them sides.... is there a keeper what is better than richard last ? a team what wouldnt want fish ? our team can play at that level and hold our own in my eyes!!!!!

i love playing for this team as its a great team , big players and a great laugh ... we are not that cocky , i have played against most of players around this town , yes some are good but i dont feel out of place playing against them
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sciss11

PostSubject: ?   Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:38 pm

No Micki, you and Norton are the only 2 teams that would have a chance to do well but it would take a season for both teams to find their football again. Playing Lowestoft and district brings players down to its level but thats not to say you wouldnt do well once you found your feet.

Getting back to the question in hand tho... guest said your players are too cocky, I said its hard not to be in this league(sticking up 4 u I may add!)- the end- there are far too many avenues off 0f this debate, lol, I'm starting to choke...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ttr

PostSubject: Re: Waveney Youth   Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:55 pm

micki have you ever played in com 1 as for richard his kicking lets him down so he would struggle at a higher level but he is still the best keeper in the league buy far. as for fitness some of your team would struggle as some are too old but still good for this division. did you have the same team last year you won buy a mile so what is different this year.
Back to top Go down
the general

PostSubject: Re: Waveney Youth   Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:10 pm

i have played at lowe reserves before, richards kicking is alot better and it was only a year ago a proper scout was watching him... the difference between us this to last year is 1.. everyone raises there game against us 2.. we have won all bar 2 of our games so we are still having a good season 3... we played beccles caxton earlier in season who top there division and ran them of the park 4...norton, spexhall, kirkley a, waveney , wrentham are all improving so we wont win the league by 20 points ....

i just have confidence in the players around me , we are a good team who always get put down by so called higher players
Back to top Go down
View user profile
g

PostSubject: Re: Waveney Youth   Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:24 pm

i have been at lowestoft before i can't recall seeing you how long ago was it.
Back to top Go down
sid

PostSubject: Re: Waveney Youth   Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:43 pm

micki,boss who in your team is good enough to play at a higher level i know some have done so before i cant think of all your team give us a run down of your team and list there attributes.
Back to top Go down
the general

PostSubject: Re: Waveney Youth   Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:11 pm

bare in mind im 30!! it was about 7 years ago i think .... why dont people put there proper names? dale does and openly puts his views...

people have different views on who they think is good and crap, and football is all about opinions .....
most of our players get asked to join comb teams , it would be difficult and different to start with and yes we would lose games but we can play higher up than this league.....

if you dont no our players by now read the profiles
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the general

PostSubject: Re: Waveney Youth   Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:28 pm

i scored against wymondham away in a 3 -2 win my first game, jimmy campbell was boss at time and i played in middle with nathan drake...... bell also played .... i also remember playing in a cup win against ransom sports who hearts beat a couple of years back too

carl poppy was also in the squad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sciss

PostSubject: scout   Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:32 am

ask richard who put the scout onto him...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Waveney Youth   Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:32 am

Sciss, I notice you keep saying how poor the standard is in this league. If that is the case then why are you playing in it?
Back to top Go down
Sciss11

PostSubject: in reply   Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:43 am

I am able to say how poor it is by the fact I have just started to play in it. However I left Kirkley Reserves a few months ago and went to OB where I played 2 games and didn't really enjoy it, Gaffer Holland at Wrentham then came in and made me an offer so I decided to see what is left of the season out, playing for enjoyment with some mates.

Next year I shall probs play Ang Comb again but it would be good for local football if the standard in this league was higher throughout.

Hope this answers your question guest... introduce yourself some time???
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Waveney Youth   Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:24 am

micki were are the player profiles.
Back to top Go down
the general

PostSubject: Re: Waveney Youth   Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:08 am

on the front back of the site ... it says players !!!!!

who are you anyway ? doyou play combor higher?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Waveney Youth   

Back to top Go down

Waveney Youth
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next