Hearts of Oak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hearts of Oak

Hearts football chat...

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Oulton Broad & Notley's reserves

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Boss

Boss

Oulton Broad & Notley's reserves Empty
PostSubject: Oulton Broad & Notley's reserves   Oulton Broad & Notley's reserves EmptySun Jan 13, 2008 1:43 pm

The second round of the cup......... hhmmmm!!!!

As i stated in my team talk, Dont underestimate the opposition!! remember they have nothing to lose!!! they will raise there game!!!however its like you dont want to listen to me, you dont respect my decisions and it seems like what ever i say is rubbish....!!

We started like we had already won the game and just needed to go through the motions.... when will you realise you have to earn the result, through work rate and disciplin and taking our chances.....!

with the conceding of an early goal ( 30 seconds ) into the game, it hit home that we need to get our act together before the start of a game, its a laugh for you boys to rip the piss out of other teams when they go through a warm up , but when they start a game they are in the mood , got the bit between there teeth.... they want to win...... i felt we were second best throughout the first half, we were lazy in places again..... to be overly critical i think we were slow at the back and the repeated changes haven't helped ... centre midfield were slow to react and gave me no real impetus.... the wingers weren't really a threat in the first half.... the strikers done bits and pieces but as usual blame quality in service!!!

however I think it was a matter of time before we scored, and that was only due to an increase in tempo during the second half and a bit more determination from our front men.... ( eventually ) .. also lets not forget they are at the bottom of the second division!!

I had 2 subs on the bench, Ash and Vinny.... to be honest Vinny has been left out of all cup games, i guess i know what he has to offer to the table when called apon... ash also a good asset to bring on in times of need ....

the changes i made yesterday i believe had to be done, ash offers a little bit more in the offensive side as he proves time and time again, its hard on Gary but sometimes its not all about the experience. Vinny coming on allowed me to bring Fisher to the centre and replace Barry, i felt that Barry didn't free up micky as much as he could have, i asked fish to take hold of zaggy and let mick do his job, also with the pace of fish and his tenacity we won the mid field. Vinny was just class when he came on, he offered speed and support for the left hand side, he linked up well, listened to what i asked and in response he scored a goal and unselfishly set up luke and jonny !!!!!

Summary

Keeper

Cant really fault him, perhaps a quicker release of ball when he gathers it up !!

Defense

at sixes and sevens to begin with but not overly bad, but it appears we need a bit more pace through the centre and full backs... sorry boys...

Mid Field

still not offering me enough, barry and micki didn't work well together in the mid, they need to iron out there differences if we are to control the centre of the park .. still need to play wingers in or at least give them the opportunity to get on the end of a pass... also mick & jonny need to shut up or i will remove one of them ...

Wingers

not alot offered in the first half, however i think that some strange decisions were made when in control of the ball. taylor needs to release the ball quicker and join in with the forwards .. still not making the runs like vinny did in the concluding part of the game.

Forwards

both luke and jonny ran well but again didn't really listen to what i asked, i need them to do as requested or what is the point.... also jonny needs to control his tongue a bit more and take advice.

m.o.m Lee fisher .... this was on the second half performance as we were not there first half...
Back to top Go down
Boss

Boss

PostSubject: Re: Oulton Broad & Notley's reserves   Oulton Broad & Notley's reserves EmptySun Jan 13, 2008 3:03 pm

Tonight (sunday) i recieved a message regarding the attitude of the side lines and bench during the closing stages of the game. it relates to the laughing and jokes towards the strikers when they missed the easy chances to score a goal... i have explained that if we were losing or indeed drawing i feel the attitude of all team etc would have been different, and had we conceded another goal then quite frankly i wouldnt laugh, but i had to see the funny side of a miss or i would just scream and shout and cause yet more disruption.....

sorry to offend the defense but conceding is not funny, missing when 6 - 1 up in the final 5 can be !!!!

it was nice to see a side come off in the end with sort of smile to the face..... hasn't happened in a while...
Back to top Go down
boyd3

boyd3

PostSubject: Re: Oulton Broad & Notley's reserves   Oulton Broad & Notley's reserves EmptySun Jan 13, 2008 3:17 pm

i dont think all i offer to the team is my experience,i don't think my personal performances have been the route of the teams problems thats for sure, yes ash does offer more going forward no problem.but i'm pleased with how i have performed when i've played, i can honestly say i think i have not played any worse than any other player in defence.i give 110% every game and always fully commit to the cause if you dont agree feel fee to say.
Back to top Go down
winner

PostSubject: Re: Oulton Broad & Notley's reserves   Oulton Broad & Notley's reserves EmptySun Jan 13, 2008 5:05 pm

well lads i think we all need to have a look at what we are doing its not all bad.
there is alot of valid points being made.
i dont think at any stage any one person or group should be blamed, be it defence, mid-field , strickers or the manger.
we just need to start to enjoy the game after all thats why we are playing

the manger is correct we do need to be focused from the start maybe it is a good idea to warm up as a team after all it better than collecting balls out of a hedge.
i suggect we start this week. Basketball

so this week thats turn up with that winning feeling, and go away feeling the same we will all feel much better. Very Happy

[b]enjoyment 100% commitment it is worth it.
Back to top Go down
BELL

BELL

PostSubject: Re: Oulton Broad & Notley's reserves   Oulton Broad & Notley's reserves EmptyMon Jan 14, 2008 9:47 am

Gary I still believe that you are the strongest and most committed defender I have ever played with, playing with you has improved my game no end, it has always been a privilege to play beside you and will continue to be
Back to top Go down
http://www.milfhunter.com
boyd3

boyd3

PostSubject: Re: Oulton Broad & Notley's reserves   Oulton Broad & Notley's reserves EmptyMon Jan 14, 2008 11:49 am

thanks bell , much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
hitchy

PostSubject: Re: Oulton Broad & Notley's reserves   Oulton Broad & Notley's reserves EmptyTue Jan 15, 2008 11:22 am

hi all
just to put a few things into prospective we have only averaged to concead a goal a game which in all honesty thats not bad 14 in 14 league and local cup. boss i hope i have got that right.

norton have a 22 in 15 record to date. so we are much better than them.
the only side better are kirkley.

we have scored 70 to nortons 72 so not a lot in it. thats a god strike rate.

i don't know if the boss has any stat's from last year as it would be nice to compare.

GAZ you still play a big part in this side and as bell put it your one of the best mate.

as for the team situation i think the boss should pick out his best 14 and go with them each week and be honest with the players left out i know its hard to let peaple down but sometimes its for the best we have a fantastic team here, but maybe there is just too many wanting to play each week.
these are my honest views anyway. anyone else have any veiws.
Back to top Go down
BELL

BELL

PostSubject: Re: Oulton Broad & Notley's reserves   Oulton Broad & Notley's reserves EmptyTue Jan 15, 2008 11:58 am

I agree Hitch, gotta be best 14 but have a bit of sympathy for bob coz I couldn't pick a best 14 from our squad, this season nobody has really been firing on all cylinders were you couldn't possibly drop them, I personally acknowledge my form has been indifferent compared to previous years, especially v mendlesham!!!! If anyone can be pleased with their form this year i'd be surprised (unless it was Jonny)
Back to top Go down
hitchy

PostSubject: Re: Oulton Broad & Notley's reserves   Oulton Broad & Notley's reserves EmptyTue Jan 15, 2008 1:34 pm

i agree bell, bob is going to find it hard, his a good freind to all the team, i would find it hard to pick my best 11 i agree none of us have been at are best every game. all we can do is support the changes he have to make.
Back to top Go down
Boss

Boss

PostSubject: Re: Oulton Broad & Notley's reserves   Oulton Broad & Notley's reserves EmptyTue Jan 15, 2008 2:26 pm

kind comments..... always nice when not asked for .....!!!

however will there be smiles at the next team selection, i am finding it hard to keep people happy yet keep winning or at least create a good performance....

Master i am aware of our stats and i know we have a fantastic record, other clubs want us to fall at every hurdle slip up each week.... i am sure we will come good soon , besides we have to get out played once in a while, however the kirkley game was a fast , fluke goal.... weak fielded side from me .... not gonna repeat that again !!!! no doubt norton out played us but you cant win them all..... i just want players to realise what is needed to become champions, what they have to do, how hard it is ..... just want more belief in themselves....!!

i am harsh when it comes to changes but i have to do what i think is right.

take it easy and just think it could be worse , you could be Luton!!!!

Boss
Back to top Go down
eagle4

PostSubject: Re: Oulton Broad & Notley's reserves   Oulton Broad & Notley's reserves EmptyTue Jan 15, 2008 3:38 pm

if you wish to remove the oldies/experienced players from your side to add extra pace you could possibly play this side.
R.LAST
A.TRINDALL(L BACK)
K.ATKINSON(C BACK)
A.HAMMERSLEY(C BACK)
G.HUMPRIES(R BACK)

V.TERRY(L MID)
L.FISHER(C MID)
B.TEASDALE(C MID)
J.NOLAN(R MID)

A.TAYLOR(C F)
L.FALLIASE(C F)

SUBS FROM J.WILLIAMS,M.WILLIAMS,D.HITCHAM,G.BOYD,D.BOYD (A BENCH MOST SIDES IN DISTRICT LEAGUE WOULD BE HAPPY WITH EVEN IF THEY ARE ALL IN THEIR 30'S)
Back to top Go down
Boss

Boss

PostSubject: Re: Oulton Broad & Notley's reserves   Oulton Broad & Notley's reserves EmptyWed Jan 16, 2008 10:15 am

Dont know how to take that comment ......! but thanks for the heads up !!!!!
Back to top Go down
YOUNG ON

PostSubject: Re: Oulton Broad & Notley's reserves   Oulton Broad & Notley's reserves EmptyWed Jan 16, 2008 10:22 am

SOME OF THEM MUST BE OVER 30 ALL I CAN SAY IS THAT THEY HAVE NOT LOOKED AFTER THEM SELVE,S LIKE ME AND THE OTHER OLDIES.
MAY-BE THEY HAVE LONG PAPER ROUNDS.
Back to top Go down
mickiwil

PostSubject: Re: Oulton Broad & Notley's reserves   Oulton Broad & Notley's reserves EmptyWed Jan 16, 2008 1:34 pm

well as i have physique of a superman clone and the speed of a puma i am bitterly disappointed not to make starting 11, oh well i think a the end of all this we have to stop and think , we are <if we win our game in hand> 1 point of top and in quarter finals of league cup... now if you ask any other club apart from norton who have that point on us they would swap, all i think the problem is is getting balance right in settled team we have a lot to play for still and i hope everyone puts in effort whatever bobby picks so we can finish on a high.....

i dont think this season we have been as consistent as normal but we have got through our games like this week winning by a lot of goals so our form cannot be far away!!!!!!!!!!!! i agree with bobby that we are slow through middle and expect him to now to pick a more settled team which he thinks will challenge till end of season IF he thinks me personally am not doing enough for him and he leaves me out then ill take it on chin use my head and make sure im in team thereafter............ at end of day no one likes critism but as players of the quality we have we should making bobby put a positive report but if we are being honest apart from odd game as a team we havnt clicked yet

see ya all saturday , let get back to being a team and work harder to bring success
Back to top Go down
hitchy

PostSubject: Re: Oulton Broad & Notley's reserves   Oulton Broad & Notley's reserves EmptyWed Jan 16, 2008 2:25 pm

micki i thought you had gone away for the week as we have not heard from you.

captain daz has picked his eleven this could make it easy for the boss as daz will get the blame if it goes wrong
looks a good side on paper. lots of pace and youth big call for the boss study

all we all need to do is up are work rate by 10%, defend all over the park form front to back
help each other move into space give the man with the ball an option, lots of talking , and no moaning (jon) and we will come away a very happy team.
do everything simple. listen to instructions.(boss only) thats football very easy its only us who make it hard..

words of wisdom from the master. (remember play simple)

score for saturday 9-0 cheers
Back to top Go down
BELL

BELL

PostSubject: Re: Oulton Broad & Notley's reserves   Oulton Broad & Notley's reserves EmptyThu Jan 17, 2008 12:18 pm

Well happy I made the youngsters team given I hit 30 last year lol!
Back to top Go down
micki wi

PostSubject: Re: Oulton Broad & Notley's reserves   Oulton Broad & Notley's reserves EmptyFri Jan 18, 2008 10:25 am

being as you are 6 years older than me bell i assume that you are in as you can run still?
Back to top Go down
BELL

BELL

PostSubject: Re: Oulton Broad & Notley's reserves   Oulton Broad & Notley's reserves EmptyFri Jan 18, 2008 12:14 pm

That can't be the reason son as i've seen you run on many occasions all you need to do is learn to run in the opposite direction and you've cracked it, I think it shows that me and fish are the dominant footballing family not you williams donuts
Back to top Go down
williams

PostSubject: Re: Oulton Broad & Notley's reserves   Oulton Broad & Notley's reserves EmptyFri Jan 18, 2008 3:43 pm

son thats unfair as i have to share a family name with the camel!!! we need your assistants on wed as have big game? er and fish aint got same name so unfortunatly you dont qualify so he camel twins win
Back to top Go down
BELL

BELL

PostSubject: Re: Oulton Broad & Notley's reserves   Oulton Broad & Notley's reserves EmptyFri Jan 18, 2008 3:47 pm

We don't look alike like you two do either
Back to top Go down
williams

PostSubject: Re: Oulton Broad & Notley's reserves   Oulton Broad & Notley's reserves EmptyFri Jan 18, 2008 3:56 pm

i can take all abuse going but sayin i look like john is raising bar son nextyou will be saying im thicker tan taylor haha
Back to top Go down
BELL

BELL

PostSubject: Re: Oulton Broad & Notley's reserves   Oulton Broad & Notley's reserves EmptyFri Jan 18, 2008 4:02 pm

If the cap fits camel twin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oulton Broad & Notley's reserves   Oulton Broad & Notley's reserves Empty

Back to top Go down

Oulton Broad & Notley's reserves
Page 1 of 1