Hearts of Oak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hearts of Oak

Hearts football chat...

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

what do people class as a good season this year?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
the general

the general

what do people class as a good season this year? Empty
PostSubject: what do people class as a good season this year?   what do people class as a good season this year? EmptyThu Jan 10, 2008 11:48 am

what do you think will be a good season for hearts this year? is the priority the league? or league and cup double? has losing a couple of league games made team nervous in there play? are people dissapointed to go out in early round of junior cup? how far realistically do you think we could of gone?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what do people class as a good season this year?   what do people class as a good season this year? EmptyFri Jan 25, 2008 2:50 am

I have heard alot about this website so I thought I would take a look. I have to say that it is very professional and a credit to who ever set it up. What makes a good season? Well you can only gauge that on past seasons. I have never won a thing so i would love to be in your boots. Having played against hearts this season and last i have to say they play the best football. However the defence this season does not appear to be as solid as last. But as long as the forwards keep scoring more goals than the defence conceeds then you will have success.
Back to top Go down
the general

the general

PostSubject: Re: what do people class as a good season this year?   what do people class as a good season this year? EmptyFri Jan 25, 2008 5:14 am

thank for your opinion , at moment i think we are in top two best defence in league and top goalscorers.... we have not been at our best this season so far but im sure its not far off if we play like we did last saturday..... its nice to here of other teams and feel free to post your opinion on further subjects
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what do people class as a good season this year?   what do people class as a good season this year? EmptyFri Jan 25, 2008 2:42 pm

Nice to hear that you can say your team has not been at its best. But you did play Carlton Rangers last week and although you still have to beat what ever is in front of you they are shit and do not have a footballer in their team so can you really class that as a good win. Even we beat them, not by your scoreline. Now if you beat teams in the top half of the league by a similar scoreline then that would be impressive. Is that going to happen? I don't think so. good luck with the rest of your season.
Back to top Go down
williams

PostSubject: Re: what do people class as a good season this year?   what do people class as a good season this year? EmptyFri Jan 25, 2008 4:22 pm

we probably wont beat the top teams by that score, but if we play well we will have a good chance of beating them all.... scoring 14 goals against any team is good when you look at norton, who only scored 13 against them in 2 games so yeah it was a good result.... to win this league you will have to finish above hearts and we will find our form!!! thanks for the luck!!!!
Back to top Go down
eagle4

PostSubject: Re: what do people class as a good season this year?   what do people class as a good season this year? EmptyFri Jan 25, 2008 4:27 pm

for me,we would have to win the league and ko cup to see that as a good season.anything less than that would be seen as disappointing considering we won the league by around 20pts last year and only lost the cup final by penalties.we added to our squad in the summer so that should have made us STRONGER to compete again this season so for me a double should have been the target from the off with a run in the junior cup a bonus(only a bonus in my opinion because there are teams from far better leagues than ours)......we started the season strongly but yes the three defeats do seem to have affected the confidence in the team,especially since the defeat to norton,which is daft really considering we have WON 8 OUT OF OUR LAST 9 GAMES! i've heard players saying they like a tough game but i think because we haven't had things quite as easy this year,that is where the lack of confidence comes in with players worrying about losing their place in the team.i DON'T like arrogance in footballers,especially at our level as it's no great height in reality,but we do need to get back to the mentality of believing we can win every game we turn up for.i do believe we have the strongest/talentest squad in the league at the moment so that is why i expect to be competing strongly for both local tournaments....there isn't many players i would swap from our squad for other teams players..but one day others will catch up or overtake....maybe!
in cup football,it's all about"on the day" and when we played mendlesham in the junior cup we weren't good enough so we went out....but even if we had got a positive result that day,the way we have struggled for form of late,i don't think we would have got much further.....but having said that i remember saying i didn't think we were realisticly "GOOD ENOUGH" to win it the year we did,as most of todays team proudly proved me WRONG.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what do people class as a good season this year?   what do people class as a good season this year? Empty

Back to top Go down

what do people class as a good season this year?
Page 1 of 1